Sunday, September 27, 2015

Our First Leg, The Hilton at LAX

Ireland bound tomorrow and I thought I'd try to get the creative juices flowing.  A difficult feat after typing memo after memo and never sharing a humorous thought in my head, this new type of writing gets a bit challenging!

Traveling to LAX the night before was a great idea, a bit pricey but your sanity is well worth it!!  Well that's my opinion and I am afraid I have to flex too.

We get to the hotel, and its the Hilton so very nice and like I said Pricey for a cocktail, but I am certaininly not going to penny pinch on a cocktail of choice.  We get in line and diversity is all around us, and I love that, I really do.  Don and I love to have a challenging conversation, and as part of the law enforcement community for 33 years, he certainly leads a discussion to one side.  I love that about him, because we always have the same core, and he really tries to see the different sides.  So back to topic.  We are waiting in line and in fromt of us is a muslim man with a son about 12 years old and a young wife or daughter.  The female is fully clothed, more clothed than normal.  All you could see were her beautiful dark eyes,  Right away I lean to female and use the word beautiful.  Don right away turns to Dark eyes and how do you know its a female??  I had to say he was right.  The clothing was definitely more concealing than normal.  The fabric was a lovely satin but no skin was exposed except for the eyes.  No feet, no hair, no arms and the hands were not revealed either.  Don immediately began to discuss the fact that being a law enforcement officer is so difficult, "how do you know what you are dealing with if you came across that person in a criminal situation, such as a search of a robbery suspect."  I have to agree.  We decided that our common ground in these type of situations is when excessive force or racial profiling is the problem.  So many times, questioning and trying to  get to the lux of the problem does not constitute the fact that an officer does not back down even though he knows his line of questioning is not exposing any


evidence of suspicion or wrong doing.
I do think that this is the problem, go ahead and question, but when all evidence or lack of evidence leads to NOT guilty then move on, then uncuff and move on!!    

So here we are in this beautify hotel and the next item of interest is this LARGE group sign that announces that  in the hotel is "Joel Roberts' Millionaire Mouth" Seminar.  I don't know what you think, but I found it so humorous.  So humorous I had to take a picture of the marque. Millionaire Mouth, all I could think of was the Donald, and what a great slogan for his mess of a team "Millionaire Mouth"!!

So day one of our fabulous adventure and we end our hustle and bustle day sitting in a bar and watching Sunday night football.  Not bad, I get to blog and Don gets to enjoy his sport!!

No comments:

Post a Comment